Friday, April 8, 2011

Love is such a strange thing

Love...is such a strange thing. Some time ago, (I think about 1 year ago) I listened to this chinese song called 為你寫詩-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1R6wl_dlE&feature=related When translated it means 'write a poem for you'. I don't know why I like that song so much but ever since then it has become my ringtone. The first phrase of the song is 'love is such a strange thing'. Now that I think of it again, love is really a strange thing. As the song will tell later on, (if you understand mandarin) love makes you do impossible things. In the song the author writes that because of love, he learned how to play piano, learn how to write love poem, learn how to sing love songs and even went crazy! XD

Why is love so powerful that it can make us do funny things even? I remember when i was in first year in law school, I did many stupid things for love. Sadly, it din't work out and I was left with a huge scar in my heart. And then in second year I did the same thing again (why o why are you so stupid Jason??) Anyway, I have learnt my lesson and I'm very cautious now. Hopefully, history won't repeat itself because I really cant take it anymore!!!! God please help me to love again!

And that leads me to why is it that God shows love to us by sending Jesus to die for our sins?? Isn't it strange that you have to send your loved ones to die for your own creation? The answer? Sacrificial love. Some call it Grace. Sometimes I just stop asking and just praise God for his wonderful love for us. We are all sinners, unworthy of anything at all from God but still he loves us, just like how a father loves his child.

So what is love anyway? The Bible provides an answer in 1 Corinthians 13.
"Love is patient and kind,
love does not envy or boast,
it is not arrogant or rude,
it does not insist on its own way,
it is not irritable or resentful,
it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, hopes all things, believe all things, endure all things,
Love never ends,
...so now faith, hope and love abide, these three;
but the greatest of these is love."


Thank you Lord for your Love!!!
P.S. I want to dedicate this post to my friend Beatrice. Beatrice, please take care ya =) *hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment