Sunday, July 18, 2010

STOMP 2010 Part IV

PART IV- Continuation of mission 2

Day 11-13 Rumah Panjang Nanga Buai
I think this is going to be the last part... I think. By the way, I forgot to mention that we went to a multi-level waterfall when we were at the first RP. It was so nice I tell you >.< Can get free massage there somemore. Anyway, back to RP Sg. Pinang. In the morning we had 'mee sedap' for breakfast which was cooked by us^^ it was yummy! After breakfast, we said goodbye to the people in RP Sg. Pinang. As we went back to Pangkalan, I begin to feel very itchy on my hands and legs for no reason. Then I noticed there are many red spots around my hands and legs almost like insect bites. When we reached Pangkalan, we drove back to Betong for a short lunch.
At Betong, we met with Team B! It was so nice to see them again. We were so eager to share our experience but Peter reminded us not to share anything yet because we will have a debriefing when we are back in Kuching. At Betong, we also met several villagers from RP Ulu Akup. When they saw the red spots on my hands and legs, they laughed and explained to me that I was bitten by the sand flies(in Iban they are called 'kerengit')These sand flies are not mosquitoes and they are even smaller than mosquitoes. And they told me the itchyness wont go away for another 1-2 weeks. =.=!
After lunch, we went to RP Nanga Buai. Pastor Tini came with us as well. When we reach there, we have to cross a bridge and walk for 15 mins. At the RP, there was no welcoming party and we live in one of the families. The RP was spilt between SIB and Anglican so we were only greeted by the people who are from SIB.(The Tuai rumah is from SIB) This RP was made mostly out of brick instead of wood and they have electricity all the day! We rested a lot when we were there. In the evening, we get to know the children and played monkey ball with them^^
We prepared the food this time for the third RP. The sarawakian students are really good at cooking! After dinner, we dint go to the church but we meet together at the 'ruai'. As usual, we introduce ourselves and have some fun activities with them.
The next morning, we went to fix a leaking pipe somewhere in the forest.(The pipes provide the people with water) We also cleaned the river from any rubbish. Then we caught some river tadpoles and 'tempuyung'. After lunch, we had a nap. At 4pm we went for gotong-royong at the church. This church is almost similar to the church in RP Ulu Akup.
After dinner, we met again at the 'ruai'. After singing some worship songs, Ps. Tini preached the gospel. Later, we did our sketch, prayed for them and gave our testimony. It's sad that these RP was split just because of different denominations. Sigh... So we prayed and hoped that they will unite and come together as Christians with one common faith.
The next morning, we left the RP after breakfast. I left feeling like we have accomplished something though there is still much needed to be done. It does makes sense since this was only a short term mission trip. We stopped at Betong again for lunch. The journey back home was very long and I slept in the car. When we reach back SHALOM, we were welcomed by some of the FES helpers. I felt so happy when I reach there =) They put up a small banner for us and paste our names at the staircase. It encouraged me so much that I felt like hugging everyone.
So STOMP 2010 ends here. I won't tell you about the debriefing but we had a great time. STOMP has left a very deep impression on me and I might become a missionary one day if God calls me. I hope you guys/gals enjoyed the 4 part series;-)

Photos:


Enjoying lunch at Betong


My lunch^^


The 3rd longhouse


'Tempuyung'-Yummy!


The bridge to the 3rd longhouse


The welcome back deco


Our journey^^

End of Part IV

No comments:

Post a Comment