Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Internship in Chin & Rakan Rakan

Before I write anything, Chin & Rakan Rakan has no affiliations with me or my family whatsoever. It is just a coincidence that my family name is the same.

Chin & Rakan Rakan is a law firm situated near Petaling Street. I started my internship there at the end of May this year. I really enjoyed my time and I learned many things there. It is an honor and privilege to learn beside one of the best and humble litigation lawyer I have ever known, Mr. Albert Koo.

I have mentioned before in one of my previous posts that he brought me to the KL court to experience the court system on the first day. I must say it is totally different from what you have learned in law school and what you will actually be doing when you are a lawyer. It was not my ambition to be a lawyer as initially I wanted to be a counselor.

Anyhow, I ended reading law as my parents wanted me to be a lawyer which is a more 'lucrative' profession. Well, that is true to a certain extend if you are really good in what you are doing. Some say lawyers are always out to get your money but it isn't true as there are many good lawyers around like Albert.

For example, he does not overcharge client and he will not trick the client and always think of his client best interests. However, sometimes the clients can be very demanding and it is hard to juggle between your family and your clients.

One thing is for sure is that I have taken up this path and I shall continue it to the end. I also believe God has put me there for a reason. As my final year is approaching, I hope I can do well in my finals and get a second class upper maybe? Wish me luck!

P.S. This post is dedicated to my mentor, Mr. Albert for all his care and his patience in teaching the practical side of law during my internship.

Pics of the staffs in Chin & Rakan Rakan:
Mr Albert and me

Kak Nurulhuda, me and Kak Wati

Kak Wati and me

No comments:

Post a Comment